GearAre may collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide us via contact forms, participation forms, etc. This concerns, for example, name, e-mail address, telephone number and postal address.
- Information you provide to us for the purpose of processing a business transaction (e.g. purchase in our web shop)
- Where permitted, GearAre may collect information about certain individuals and companies obtained by other parties. This helps us to keep our administration up to date, expand and analyze it. But also to identify new customers and to offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
GearAre may use your personal information to:
- Process your (contact) request or participation (eg prize draws).
- Provide you with relevant marketing messages such as email newsletters, marketing information, offers about services. All according to the new laws or when requested by you.
When you visit the GearAre website, a small file is placed on your computer’s hard drive. These so-called Cookies make the GearAre website(s) more useful by storing information about your preferences. This will make it easier for you to log in and use the website(s) in the future. Cookies do not personally identify an internet user, but a user’s computer is identified. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to prevent cookies from being automatically accepted. Open the ‘help’ section of your browser, which explains the different options for handling cookies. If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all features on our websites.
- Analysis – We like to optimize the website by following the users on the website, and thereby improve the user experience
- Saving your previously completed forms – this to save time when filling in new forms.
- Showing our advertisements when you visit other websites.
Our website has buttons (so-called widgets) for social media sharing. These widgets may collect your IP address, which pages you visit, and may also set a cookie on your computer to enable proper functionality. Your interaction with these features is governed by the company providing these features. For more information, please visit the respective company’s web page.
We track the pages you visit through Google Analytics. We collect aggregated data to monitor how our website functions and how we can improve your online experience.
Google AdWords Remarketing
Any personal information you provide to us will remain secure and confidential. GearAre will not share your information with other companies. We follow industry standards to protect the information provided to us. We store all your information securely, both during transmission and after we receive data. This protects your data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that we can eliminate any risk of misuse of your personal data by others with malicious intent. Please keep your own login details in a safe place and contact us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security.
How long do we keep your data
Data from contact forms and other forms (such as participation in competitions) are stored for a maximum of 1 month. When you leave a comment on a blog, that comment and the metadata of that comment are saved forever. This way we can automatically recognize and approve follow-up comments instead of moderating them.
For users registered on our website (if applicable), we also store personal information in their user profiles. All users can view, change or delete their personal information at any time (the username cannot be changed). Website administrators can also view and change this information.
What rights do you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we delete any personal data we hold about you. This does not include data that we are required to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Updates to this policy